
September 6, 1620
It is our first night on board. It is damp and stuffy under in the hull. The large men in the gray suits shuffled Giles (my brother) and I into a space smaller than I am tall. And they expect us to sleep here! I don't know how I will last. At least I have Giles. He and I get along like two peas in a pod. I don't care much for my step-sis Damaris. She's always playin' with her hair or lookin' into her glass mirror examining herself. I mean I guess she is OK. I haven't really gotten a chance to get to know her. But it is hard because she is always hangin' out with her horrible mother, Elizabeth, (my step-mum). I am writing this with some extra ink I found in Elizabeth's hand bag. I hope she does not find out for I will surly get a wippin'. She must think she is so beautiful in that expensive blouse of hers. Doesn't deserve it I say. I can't help but wonda what father sees in her. He says I might like her if I get to know her. Oh posh, that what I said. By the looks of it, that buffoon has bewitched father and I dare say I don't like it.
~Constance Hopkins
No comments:
Post a Comment