July 22, 1
630
630 A lot of things have changed since I last wrote. My Family has been here eleven years. now. We now have a good corn field and a nice cabin. I am a married woman now. When my future husband, Nicholas Snow, came over eight years ago, Father decided that I needed to be off and wed. So he sent me off with Nick. We now have six children and one more in me womb. Being a mother is hard work but also very rewarding. Ever since our first child, I've been more appreciative of what Elizabeth, me step-mum, did for us. I always though she was a good for nothing witch, but I guess I was wrong. Down deep inside she was a beautiful, kind woman. I wish I would have realized that earlier.
So everything was going good there for a while. But of course, disaster struck. A week after I left with Nicholas, Giles was swept away by the dark sea. I guess he was out fishing for Elizabeth and massive wave swept him off the rock and pulled him down to the depths.
Giles was such a nice boy and he changed the whole town with his kindness. I remember when he befriended that Indian boy during the feast in our second Autumn. I am lucky that Nicholas is such a nice man. He does everything for me and loves me very much. He might never be a good a friend as Giles but he is pretty close.
The first Separatist ship came yesterday. It was called the Arbella. It seemed to me that it was kind of pointless to send a boatload of people who only think they are right to the New World to make a colony. I would defiantly not want to be apart of their town. I think that a person should be able to believe in whatever they want to believe in and be able to think for themselves.
Their governor is John Winthrop. I don't know what to think of him. He seemed like an alright guy at first but then he started to act all mean. The first thing he did today was yell and our men because they didn't do what he had expected him to do. He did bring some interesting information though: thousands of more Separatist are on their way. It make me wonder what this place will be like when they all get here. I liked our town as it was. Small and simple.
Nicholas is calling me...I must go...
So everything was going good there for a while. But of course, disaster struck. A week after I left with Nicholas, Giles was swept away by the dark sea. I guess he was out fishing for Elizabeth and massive wave swept him off the rock and pulled him down to the depths.
Giles was such a nice boy and he changed the whole town with his kindness. I remember when he befriended that Indian boy during the feast in our second Autumn. I am lucky that Nicholas is such a nice man. He does everything for me and loves me very much. He might never be a good a friend as Giles but he is pretty close.
The first Separatist ship came yesterday. It was called the Arbella. It seemed to me that it was kind of pointless to send a boatload of people who only think they are right to the New World to make a colony. I would defiantly not want to be apart of their town. I think that a person should be able to believe in whatever they want to believe in and be able to think for themselves.
Their governor is John Winthrop. I don't know what to think of him. He seemed like an alright guy at first but then he started to act all mean. The first thing he did today was yell and our men because they didn't do what he had expected him to do. He did bring some interesting information though: thousands of more Separatist are on their way. It make me wonder what this place will be like when they all get here. I liked our town as it was. Small and simple.
Nicholas is calling me...I must go...
~Constance Hopkins
No comments:
Post a Comment