Tuesday, October 13, 2009

History? Why?, by Joy Hakim ( my response)

I a responding to a chapter in a book, by Joy Hakim that talks about why it is good to learn about history. I think that Hakim is right in the fact that history is very important. It helps us realize what our ancestors went through and what their life was like. Hakim said that "history is full of stories." I think that is true. Stories help us understand peoples situations because when we hear stories that are like our own it helps us to understand their lifestyle.
I think it was good that Hakim stated that the " United States isn't perfect" and " the U.S. has made some terrible mistakes." It shows that she knows that nothing is perfect without a few mistakes. She then says that the U.S. also has a lot of freedom and greatness so it balances it out. I really like how Hakim writes. It really makes me want to learn more about history.

No comments:

Post a Comment